Tuesday, November 28, 2006

King Freak

My humans just watched the movie King Kong, which they've had on DVD since, hmm, oh yeah, my male human's birthday in July. They are so lame. Anyway, have you seen this? What a freak of nature! I mean, I guess that's the point. But Santa Maria! That thing was as big as a building! A very hairy and probably extremely smelly building.

The movie was so-so. I didn't find Adrian Brody to be the obnoxious yahoo I usually do, maybe because he wasn't in the central role. Still, I much preferred the gigantic monkey.

I thought many of the action scenes weren't realistic in any sense of the word. I also found them, frankly, boring. Just like the car chase scene in Matrix 2 -- bor-ing. When your action scenes are boring, you've got trouble. It announces to the world that you're so short on story you've got to fill screen time with all of this EXCITING ACTION and these FABULOUS SPECIAL EFFECTS! Yeah, well, I'm not buying it. Here's a tip: edit the darn movie! Three hours is ridiculous. What American can sit still for that long these days? I don't want to work for this. I'm here to be entertained! And for my maximum entertainment, it must be done within two hours or be extra-fabulous. This wasn't either.

So I give it a dewclaw half up. It was okay overall, with some good points, and it made my female human cry at the end, so I guess that's something. (Of course, if she sees any animal hurt, real or not, she cries like a baby, so maybe I shouldn't count that.) If it had been trimmed to a reasonable two hours, I think I could find it in my critical little heart to give it a dewclaw all the way up. Let's hope Peter Jackson doesn't get so enamored with the special effects in his next film that he forgets his audience and their limited attention spans. I've heard that he did a great job with the LOTR trilogy, so maybe this is an aberration. I hope so.

3 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger indie said...

Hello sassy!

I watched King-Kong a few months ago with my mum and dad. it was a bit rubbish. I liked the big monkey, he looked like fun. I preffered the old version though, the old black and whites with bad movie effects are pure class, dont you think?

i would like to go and see the monkeys in london zoo, but no dogs are allowed. How stupid is that? It's a zoo- full of animals derr!

My mum hates zoos. London zoo is ok (ish) she says, but battersea park zoo is much nicer.

Do you have zoos near you ?
Are you allowed to go in them?

love Indie

xx

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger sassyboodle said...

Hi Indie!
We have zoos but I don't think I'm allowed in them. I've never been to one, and we don't have any near us now. (We live in a super-small town sort of in the middle of nowhere.) I think I would like to go see one, though. Maybe someday.

My female human both likes and dislikes zoos, she says. She feels sorry for the animals unless they're in some huge habitat.

xo,
Sassy

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger indie said...

sassy,

I'm soooooooo confused!

My vet says I have anxiety problems and need to see a dog shrink!

help Sass my old pal, I need some advice!

check out my blog for more details on my terrible time.

xx

indie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home