Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Wild Kingdom

Well, we had some (more) excitement the other night. We woke up to some unidentifiable bumps and scraping sounds. I sent Molly off to investigate but she didn't discover much. (Useless!) The humans were worried and got up to listen at various places in the house and peek out of windows. They didn't discover much, either. (I will refrain from epithets here since they not only feed me but also can read.)

Finally, they heard dragging sounds emanating from what seemed to be the back room, so my female human called the police, who showed up not too terribly long afterwards and looked around. (So I was told, anyway; I stayed on the bed for most of the goings-on. I failed to see what my getting all ruffled would accomplish.) They didn't find anything amiss. So my humans were a little embarrassed but as my female human said in an upbeat yet undeniably trite way, "Better safe than sorry!" After the policemen left, Molly and I went outside to investigate for ourselves. There didn't seem to be anything unusual underway, or over with, for that matter.

My humans have decided something is living in the attic, though they don't know what, since it sounded like something being dragged across the floor. A squirrel moving insulation about to fashion a cozy nest, perhaps? An owl dragging sad little carcasses to its dark, creepy lair of bones and blood? Or maybe this is the awful dwelling-place of Mothra or Godzilla or the Hideous Freak-Thing That Killed Them?!

I'm SO glad they're looking at houses so we can get out of this creepshow they like to call a "house" and a "yard." ยกSanta Maria, protect me!

5 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger sassyboodle said...

Oh, it's no rumor, chica, though it is ugly. You should see her, she looks like a black salchicha with legs! (That's "sausage" to you gringas.)

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger indie said...

Oh my sassyboodle, get outa there quick! It sounds like a scene from sixth sense or something.

We had a fright once, only to discover it was one of the cats rumaging in a cupboard. It was 3am on a weekday, so my folks were not impressed!

Also the foxes scream loads, and they sound like babies screaming, it's horrid. I want to move to a house where there is no sound at all.

indie xx

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Tupac Da Dogg said...

It's a ghost, yo. I used to see them all the time when I live in New Mexico. They're always talking mess and changing around. Just bark at them to show them that you see them, then ignore them and tell your parents to do the same. Ghosts that get no attention just wonder off to scare others. Works everytime.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger indie said...

dont get too scared sassy,
there is no such thing as spooks.My mum told me so!

i've got a new puppy pal who lives in Manchester- check him out, he's called Bailey!

We had some horrid news in london today, a big old rottweiler attacked and killed a little four month old baby. Its just plain awful.
I would never do that.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger sassyboodle said...

Ooh, I hate it when some dogs give the rest of us a bad name! That's terrible.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately; I've been sick. I'm feeling better now, so I'll try to post some more.

Thanks for the comments, pals!

Sass

 

Post a Comment

<< Home