Saturday, August 26, 2006

Wildlife, British Style

I have a new paw pal named Indie who just posted about wild animals they have in London. (Yes, London; I'm all sophisticated and global now.) I've decided that I do not want to run across a fox. Too many sharp teeth. But at least it doesn't look like an animal whose creation went horribly awry when God stepped out of the room to mediate a feud between the cows and the sheep or something.

My humans were pleased to learn that fox hunting has been banned in the UK. "Tally ho!" they cried. Whatever that means. I'll say it again, humans are weird. But mine love animals, and they give Molly and me lots of food and scratches and play-animals, so we tolerate their little idiosyncrasies.

The other creatures Indie pictured were familiar -- a pigeon and a squirrel. I find that comforting. It's nice to know that if my humans picked up and moved to London -- which I understand is quite a long way from here, across some sort of pond or other -- I could still chase squirrels! (Yes, I enjoy chasing squirrels, partly because I suspect they like it, too.)

Thanks, Indie, it is nice to know that others have strange creatures in their yards, too!

4 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger indie said...

Hi Sassy,

It's great to have a new puppy pal across the pond!
I've just been out for my big walk on this fine Sunday afternoon, and the park was heaving with squirrells and dogs and little chuldren who isist on petting me and saying "oh, she is sooo cute!". Like, whatever! you are right Sassy, humans are very weird!

My humans are off to see the latest odd film to reach the UK, snakes on a plane! what?

I'm so glad there are no snakes in our country. (I've been told there are grass snakes in the woods but I think thats just to scare me from running off!)

Take care puppy pal!

Love Indie xx

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Tupac Da Dogg said...

Wow! A doggie from the real Durty South! My dad is originally from Houston, so Louisiana folk feel like family. Give homeboy some gumbo and he goes mad crazy and starts dancing to that zydeco like it's no tomorrow. We live in New England now. People here don't know what's up. The South and Southwest know better. Doggies here don't know how to chase stuff like champs. All they do is talking about chasing. Chasing theory, they call it.

Tupac da dogg

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger sassyboodle said...

Hi Indie and Tupac!

Wow, two paw pals! And from all over, brilliant!

I don't think I'd like it in England or New England (that's funny!) very much, too cold. I'm mostly chihuahua, you know, so my Mexican heritage means I like the sun! So the South suits me fine. My humans don't like it too much; they complain about the heat A LOT.

Thanks for your comments, guys!

~The Sass

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Tupac Da Dogg said...

Yeah my dad is Mexican American and he won't shut up around the cold. Had the heater on, even in the summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home