Wednesday, May 03, 2006

It's a Mystery

Last night at 3 o'clock in the morning -- THREE O'CLOCK -- all of us were startled awake by a chorus of barks, yips, whimpers, and whines. I couldn't understand what any of the malcontents were saying, since they were all talking at once and I was asleep when it started. Molly and I barked (mostly What? What was that? Come again?) and rushed around (well, Molly did; I was standing guard on the bed) but didn't find anything; my humans sat up and talked and looked out windows. We were all unsettled. The noises stopped suddenly while my male human was looking out the window. Then as we were settling back down and trying to get to sleep, it started up again. Same thing, but it didn't last as long. Then a little while after that, we heard a dog baying. I couldn't make out what she was saying, she seemed further away than the earlier cacophony. All of this took place over the course of about an hour and a half. My humans have talked about it since, and apparently they can't figure it out either. They said they looked around outside and don't see any evidence of puppies, though that's what it sounded like to them. I have to agree. And Molly and I didn't find anything unusual outside either. Have we all gone loco???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home